Sunday, December 4, 2011

Tamiya Truck

For a year and two months now, after my shift from the corporate world as an SQA engineer to the entreprenurial world as a chicken raiser, I was with our dear Tamiya in almost my entire journey.


It was I think in 2006 when my father got our Tamiya from a surplus seller in our town. It is a white Suzuki mini truck converted from being a right-hand drive, as it was originally from Japan, to a left-hand drive to suit driving on Philippine roads. It was installed with its original stereo setup which can only scan AM and the one lowest FM bands we have here. And eventually it was replaced with a better one that has full FM bands.


For the past 4years it was generally used by my brothers to carry videogame units and my father to get him to farms in just nearby locations. But come the last quarter of last year, our Tamiya was task to be with me almost everyday of the week, travelling the miles more that of what it has used to be and raging the rough roads with all the dust and muds we encounter. Be it on a fair sunny day to rains to even storms. Our Tamiya has surpassed them all. And I may say it's still enduring these all upto this moment I'm speaking. I really appreciate the ruggedness, toughness and ease of use of our Tamiya even though it has no good working air condition system.


But lately maybe because of the rides that we've been through, it sometimes shows signs of somewhat wearing out or slowing down as to how it performed for the past months. This is why I am very much hopeful that soon we can get one, not necessarily a replacement, but maybe an additional so that our Tamiya may no longer be as over used as it was some months ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment